every one a winner
every one a dinner
Hot Potato Salad
To serve – 6 to 8
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Ideal for Jersey Royal potatoes, when in season.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 8.0g;Fat 20g; Carbohydrate 25g; Fibre 3g; Cholesterol 10mg; 1354kj/325kcal
6 rashers streaky bacon 1.5 kg small waxy, red-skinned potatoes 4 spring onions, sliced 7g chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley Dressing: 125 ml extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 80 ml white wine vinegar
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill until crisp. Chop into small pieces.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until just tender, trying not to let the skins break away too much. Drain and cool slightly.
- To make the dressing; place the oil mustard and vinegar in a jug and whisk together until well blended.
- When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes into quarters and place in a large bowl with the spring onion, parsley and half the bacon. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat the potato and bacon.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle with the remaining dressing and sprinkle with the remaining bacon pieces.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).