every one a winner
every one a dinner
Jam Tart Biscuits
Makes 26 – 30
Preparation time – 8 minutes + 15 minutes resting time
Cooking time – 12-15 minutes
Simple but effective buttery biscuits – for all the family.
Nutritional count per batch
Energy 711kcal/2992kj; Protein 10.9g; Carbohydrate 110.7g of which sugars 44.1g; Fat 28.1g of which saturates 16.7g; Cholesterol 116mg; Calcium 173mg; Fibre 2.7g; Sodium 190mg
100 g/ 3 ¾ oz caster sugar 100 g/ 3 ¾ oz unsalted butter, softened 1 egg 100 ml/ 3 ½ fl oz sour cream 350 g/ 12 oz plain flour 5 ml/ 1 tsp baking powder 90 ml/ 6 tbsp raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/ Gas 4
- Put the sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then mix in the sour cream.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, then incorporate into the sugar, butter and egg mixture, which will have a fairly wet consistency.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 5 mm/ ¼ in thickness then, using a floured 5 cm/2 in round cutter, cut out rounds and place on a baking tray. Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Press down the centre of each round with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon, then spoon a little raspberry jam into the indentation.
- Bake the biscuits in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool before serving.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).