every one a winner
every one a dinner
A traditional Swedish dish thought to have tempted a religious man from his vow to give up earthly pleasures of the flesh.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour 15 minutes
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 11 g; Fat 70 g; Carbohydrate 30 g; Fibre 4 g; Cholesterol 240 mg; Energy 800 kcal
15 anchovy fillets 90 g butter 2 large onions, thinly sliced 5 potatoes, cut into matchsticks 500 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot – 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Place the anchovy fillets in a bowl of water or milk and soak for 5 minutes to reduce their saltiness. Rinse and drain well.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan and cook the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden. Chop the remaining butter into small cubes.
- Spread half the potato over the base of a shallow ovenproof dish, top with the anchovies and onion, then with the remaining potato.
- Pour half the cream over the potato and scatter the butter cubes on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Pour the remaining cream over the top and cook for another 40 minutes or until the potato is tender.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).