every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Cooking time – 40 minutes
A slight twist to the original recipe – but this really works.
575 g/ 1 ¼ lb smoked haddock (undyed) or salmon fillets 115 g/ 4 oz long grain rice 2 tbsp lemon juice 150 ml/5 fl oz single cream Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg Cayenne pepper 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped 1 hard boiled egg, sliced to garnish 55 g/2 oz butter, diced 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley Parsley sprigs to garnish
- Poach fish in a large pan just covered by water for about 10 minutes until flesh is just opaque.
- Lift fish from cooking liquid, discard bones and skin and flake flesh.
- Measure fish cooking liquid to twice volume of rice; top up with water if necessary.
- Bring to the boil, add rice, stir, then cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until rice is tender and liquid absorbed.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/Gas 4 and butter a baking dish.
- Remove rice from heat and stir in cream, fish, lemon juice, nutmeg and a pinch of cayenne. Gently fold in the eggs.
- Turn into buttered dish, dot with butter and bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- Stir the chopped parsley into the kedgeree and garnish with parsley sprigs and sliced hard-boiled egg. Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper over the top, if wished.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).