every one a winner
every one a dinner
Lamb and Roasted Vegetables
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Quick and very tasty – just right.
1 tbsp olive oil 8 lamb chops 1 aubergine, trimmed and cut into cubes 1 large red onion, cut into chunks 2 courgettes, trimmed and cut into chunks 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks 375 g/ 12 oz ripe tomatoes, cut into quarters 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 400 g/ 13 oz tin chickpeas, drained
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/ Gas 7.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and cook the lamb chops over a high heat for 1 minute on each side until browned and sealed.
- Transfer to a large roasting tin with a fish slice, reserving the cooking juices in the pan, and place in the preheated oven, while pan-frying the vegetables.
- Add the aubergine, onion, courgettes, peppers and garlic to the frying pan and cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Transfer all the vegetables to the roasting tin with the lamb, add the spices and chickpeas and mix thoroughly. Return to the top shelf of the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the lamb is cooked through.
- Spoon onto 4 individual warmed plates for serving.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).