every one a winner
every one a dinner
Lamb and Vegetable Couscous
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
An authentic Moroccan flavour with the ras-al-hanout spice mix, available from most supermarkets.
2 lamb neck fillets, cut into chunks 2 carrots, peeled and chopped 2 courgettes, chopped 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped 1 onion, finely chopped 1 tsp ras al hanout spice mix 4 tbsps olive oil 2 cloves garlic, chopped 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz raisins 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz dates, stoned and chopped 300 g/ 10 ½ oz couscous Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the lamb, carrots, courgettes, parsnip, salt and pepper in a saucepan with 1 litre of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion and ras al hanout spice mix in the oil for 10 minutes or until starting to caramelise. Add the garlic, raisins and dates and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Put the couscous in a large serving bowl and pour over 300 ml of the boiling lamb stock. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it stand for 5 minutes then fluff up the grains with a fork.
- Spoon the onion and raisin mixture round the outside of the bowl and top with the lamb and vegetables.
- Serve any leftover lamb stock in a jug on the side.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).