every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 15 minutes plus soaking
Cooking time – 8-10 minutes
Tender minced lamb kebabs with a hint of Middle-Eastern spices.
1 slice of white bread, crusts removed and torn into small pieces 3 tbsp milk 450 g/1 lb minced lamb 8 sprigs of coriander, leaves finely chopped 8 sprigs parsley leaves, finely chopped 1 tbsp ground cumin 1 garlic clove ½ tsp salt ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper Vegetable oil for brushing For the Sauce: 115 g/4 oz cucumber, deseeded and diced 300 g/10 oz plain yoghurt
- Soak the bread in the milk for 5 minutes
- Put the minced lamb, coriander, parsley, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Squeeze the milk from the bread and add the bread to the bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands. Discard the remaining milk.
- Using wet hands, roll 2 tbsp of the mixture into an even round shape, then repeat with the remaining mixture to make a total of 16 koftas. Carefully skewer each kofta.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill on its highest setting. Line the grill pan with kitchen foil and lightly brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Position the rack about 10 cm/4 in from the heat.
- Put the koftas on a grill rack in the grill pan and grill, turning frequently for 8 minutes for slightly pink, or 10 minutes for well done. Mix the cucumber and yoghurt with a little salt to taste and serve alongside the cooked koftas.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).