every one a winner
every one a dinner
Lemon Couscous Salad
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 0 minutes
A delicious delicate flavour of lemon enhances the vegetables and couscous
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 319 kcal/1332kj; Protein 6.6g; Carbohydrate 36.0g of which sugars 1.4g; Fat 16.9g of which saturates 2.1g;Cholesterol 0mg; Calcium 68mg; Fibre 1.8g Sodium 286mg.
275g/ 10 oz couscous 550 ml/ 18 fl oz boiling vegetable stock 2 small courgettes 16-20 black olives 25g/1 oz toasted* flaked almonds For the dressing: 60ml/ 4 tbsp olive oil 15ml/ 1 tbsp lemon juice 15ml/ 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander 15ml/ 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley Good pinch ground cumin Good pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock. Stir with a fork and cover. Then set aside for 10 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed and couscous has fluffed up.
- Meanwhile, trim the courgettes and cut them into pieces about 2.5cm/ 1 in long. Slice into fine julienne* strips with a sharp knife. Halve the black olives, discarding the pits.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, then carefully mix in the courgettes, olives and almonds.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, parsley, cumin and cayenne in a bowl.
- Stir into the salad and toss gently.
- Transfer to a large serving dish and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).