every one a winner
every one a dinner
Lemon Surprise Pudding
To serve – 4
Preparation time –
Cooking time –
Everyone loves a surprise and this pudding’s tangy lemon sauce beneath a light sponge provides a delicious taste and texture.
Nutritional count per serving:
Energy 446kcal/1872kj; Protein 10g; Carbohydrate 51g of which sugars 43g; Fat 23g of which saturates 21g; Cholesterol 28.3mg; Calcium 114mg; Fibre 0.4g; Sodium 270mg.
75 g/3 oz butter 175 g/6 oz soft light brown sugar 4 eggs, separated Grated rind and juice of 4 lemons 50 g/ 2 oz self-raising flour 120 ml/ 4 fl oz milk
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350’F/Gas 4.
- Butter an 18 cm/7 in soufflé dish and stand it in a roasting pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Beat in one egg yolk at a time and gradually add in the lemon juice and rind until well mixed; do not worry if the mixture curdles a little.
- Sift the flour and stir into the lemon mixture until well mixed, then gradually stir in the milk.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff, but not dry, then lightly but thoroughly, fold into the lemon mixture in three batches. Carefully pour the mixture into the soufflé dish, then pour boiling water into the roasting pan.
- Bake the pudding in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes, or until golden on top. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).