every one a winner
every one a dinner
Lime and Lemon Cheesecake
To serve – 4 to 6
Preparation time – 15 minutes + chilling time 30 minutes
Cooking time – Chill overnight
A simple but utterly delicious cheesecake.
Nutritional count per batch
Energy 668 kcal; Saturated Fat 25g; Saturated Fat 16g; Sodium 471mg
10 digestive biscuits, crushed 50 g/1 ¾ oz butter, melted 25 g/1 oz demerara sugar 150 ml/5 fl oz double cream 397 g tin full-fat condensed milk 175 g/6 oz full-fat cream cheese (not chilled) Grated zest and juice of 1 ½ limes Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons 150 ml/ 5 fl oz double or whipping cream, to decorate ½ lime, thinly sliced, to decorate
- Place the crushed biscuits together with the butter and sugar in medium bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Turn the crust mixture into a 20 cm/8 in loose-bottomed tart tin and press firmly and evenly over the bottom and up the sides using back of a metal spoon. Chill for at least 30 minutes until set.
- Place the double cream, condensed milk and cream cheese in a bowl with both lime and lemon zests.
- Mix thoroughly. Using a balloon whisk, gradually whisk in the lime and lemon juices and continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the lime and lemon filling into the crumb crust and spread it evenly. Cover with cling film and chill overnight.
- Before serving, whip cream until it just holds its shape.
- Decorate the top of the cheesecake with swirls of cream and slices of lime.
- Return to fridge until ready to dish up.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).