every one a winner
every one a dinner
Linguine with Scallops
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 8 minutes
Succulent scallops with a hint of chilli and lime – perfect.
400 g/14 oz dried linguine Salt and freshly ground black pepper Juice of 1 lime 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 2 tbsp chopped coriander 12 king scallops
- Cook the linguine in plenty of boiling salted water for 8 minutes, or until cooked but still firm to the bite (al dente*). Drain and keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the dressing: whisk the lime juice with 5 tbsp olive oil. Stir in the chopped chilli and half the chopped coriander. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the dressing with the drained linguine, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a large griddle pan or large heavy frying pan over a high heat. Brush the scallops with olive oil, place in the pan and sear for 3 minutes, turning once, until just turning golden. Do not overcook or the scallops will be tough.
- Divide the linguine between 4 serving plates and arrange the scallops on top.
- Serve immediately with the remaining coriander sprinkled on top.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).