every one a winner
every one a dinner
Macaroni Bakes with balsamic sauce
To serve – 4
Preparation time –15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A perfect, tangy starter if serving with a light main dish.
100 g/4 oz dried elbow macaroni Salt and freshly ground black pepper 300 ml/½ pint double cream 50 g/ 2 oz Gruyére cheese, grated 25 g/ 1 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated 3 eggs, beaten For the dressing: 1 shallot, finely diced 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Few fresh thyme leaves 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/ 160’C Fan/ Gas 4
- Oil and base line 4 timbales or ovenproof cups
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente*.
- Drain thoroughly and divide between the timbales or cups
- Slowly bring the cream to the boil in a pan. Remove from the heat, season and stir in the cheeses until melted. Stir into the beaten eggs. Pour the savoury custard over the macaroni.
- Stand the moulds in a roasting tin, half filled with boiling water (bain-marie*).
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the moulds from the bain-marie and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Warm the dressing ingredients together in a small pan for 5 minutes or until the shallots are softened, season to taste.
- Turn out the pasta moulds onto warmed plates and surround with the tomato dressing.
- Garnish with thyme to serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).