every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
A truly delicious de-luxe version of the humble macaroni cheese.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 792kcal/3306kj; Protein 30.6g; Carbohydrate 63.8g of which sugars 10g; Fat 45.5g of which saturates 28.1g; Cholesterol 122mg; Calcium 701mg; Fibre 2.2g; Sodium 687mg.
250 g/ 9 oz dried short-cut macaroni 50 g/2 oz butter 50 g/2 oz plain flour 600 ml/1 pint milk 100 ml/3 ½ fl oz double cream 100 ml/ 3 ½ fl oz dry white wine 50 g/2 oz grated Gruyére or Emmenthal cheese 50g/ 2 oz Fontina cheese 50 g/ 2 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled 75 g/3 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200’c/180’c Fan/400’f/ Gas 6
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, gently melt the butter in a pan; add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk gradually, whisking vigorously after each addition Stir in the cream, then the wine.
- Bring to the boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the cheeses and about one third of the Parmesan to the sauce. Stir well to mix in the cheeses, then taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Drain the pasta well and tip into a baking dish. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well, then sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the top
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).