every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 6
Preparation time – 25-30 minutes Plus freezing
Cooking time – 2-3 minutes
A cool refreshing sorbet with a kick!
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 202kcal/845kj; Carbohydrate 44g of which sugars 44g; Fat 0g of which saturates 0g; Fibre 7g; Sodium 0mg
100 g/3 ½ oz caster sugar, plus more if needed 3 mangoes, total weight 1.25-1.35 kg/2 ¾ - 3 lb) Juice of 1 lemon Juice of 1 orange Lime zest to serve
- Combine the sugar and 120 ml/4 fl oz water in a small saucepan. Heat until the sugar has dissolved, then boil the syrup for 2-3 minutes, until it is clear. Set aside to cool.
- Peel the mangoes. Cut each mango lengthwise into two pieces slightly off-centre just to miss the stone. Cut away the flesh from the other side of the stone. Cut away the remaining flesh. Cut all the mango into cubes. Purée it in batches in a food processor until smooth.
- With the blade turning, pour in the cooled syrup and citrus juices. Taste, adding more sugar if it is tart, remembering that the flavours will be dulled by freezing.
- Meanwhile chill a bowl in the freezer. Transfer the sorbet to the chilled bowl. Cover it and freeze for at least 4 hours to allow the flavour to mellow.
- If necessary, transfer the sorbet to the refrigerator to soften slightly. Scoop the sorbet into chilled glasses and serve immediately, sprinkled with lime zest.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).