every one a winner
every one a dinner
Melting Cheese Dip
To serve – 2
Preparation time 3 minutes
Cooking time – 7 minutes
A classic fondue dish, can also be served with chorizo for non-vegetarians.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 390kcal/1617kj; Protein 19.4g; Carbohydrate 3.3g of which sugars 0.6g; Fat 24.6 g of which saturates 16.3g; Cholesterol 73mg; Calcium 562mg; Fibre 01.g; Sodium 547mg.
1 garlic clove 150 ml/¼ pint dry white wine 150 g/ 5 oz Gruyére cheese 5 ml/ 1 tsp cornflour 15 ml/ 1 tbsp Kirsch Salt and freshly ground black pepper Crusty day-old bread cubes (or chorizo cut into cubes)
- Place the garlic and wine in a small pan and bring gently to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Coarsely grate the cheese and stir it into the wine. Continue to stir as the cheese melts.
- Blend the cornflour to a smooth paste with the Kirsch and pour into the pan, stirring.
- Bring to the boil , stirring continuously until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately in heated bowls or transfer to a fondue pan and keep hot over a spirit burner.
- Garnish with black pepper and serve with the bread or chorizo cubes.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).