every one a winner
every one a dinner
Mild Chicken Curry
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Creamy and mild for those who do not like a very hot curry.
1 ½ tbsps groundnut oil 1 large onion, sliced 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 150 g/ 5 oz korma paste 500 g/ 1 lb skinless chicken breast, cubed 250 g/ 8 oz sweet potato, peeled and cubed 200 ml/7 fl oz reduced-fat coconut milk 100 ml/3 ½ fl oz water 2 tbsps ground almonds 250 g/ 8 oz basmati rice, washed 2 tbsps chopped coriander leaves, to garnish Naan bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or deep frying pan over a medium heat, then add the onion and cook for 5 – 6 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, spices and korma paste and stir-fry for 1 – 2 minutes, then stir in the chicken and sweet potato. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes to seal the chicken, then add the coconut milk, water and ground almonds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 12 – 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sweet potato is tender.
- Meanwhile put the basmati rice in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 12 minutes until tender or according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the curry on a bed of rice, garnished with the coriander and naan bread on the side.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).