every one a winner
every one a dinner
Mince Pies with Orange Pastry
Preparation time – 15 minutes + 30 minutes chilling time
Cooking time – 15 – 20 minutes
Home-made mince pies are so much nicer than shop-bought, especially with this wonderful flavoured pastry.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 145kcals/746kj; Protein 1.8g; Carbohydrate 19.3g of which sugars 9.7g; Fat 7.6g of which saturates 4.4g; Salt 53mg.
225g/ 8 oz plain flour 30g/ 1 ½ oz icing sugar 10ml/ 2 tsp ground cinnamon 150g/ 5 oz cold butter, diced Grated rind of 1 orange About 60ml /4 tbsp iced water 225g/ 8 oz mincemeat 1 egg, beaten, to glaze Icing sugar for dusting
- Sift together the flour, icing sugar and cinnamon. Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the grated orange rind.
- Mix to a firm dough with the water. Knead lightly, then roll out to 5 mm/ ¼ in thickness. Using a 6cm/ 2 ½ in round cutter, stamp out 18 circles, then stamp out 18 smaller 5cm/ 2 in circles.
- Line 2 bun trays with the larger circles. Place a small spoonful of mincemeat into each pastry case and top with the smaller pastry circles, pressing the edges to seal.
- Glaze the tops with egg glaze and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to cool on wire racks.
- Serve just warm, dusted with icing sugar.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).