every one a winner
every one a dinner
Moroccan Potato and Lemon Casserole
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
A wonderful authentic Moroccan flavour – just serve with a plain vegetable such as green cabbage.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 368kcal; Fat 16g
3 tbsp Olive Oil 2 onions, sliced 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp ground cumin 2 red chillies, finely chopped 1 tsp ground coriander 900 g/ 2lb waxy potatoes, such as Charlotte, cut into 5 mm/ ¼ in thick slices Grated rind of 1 lemon and juice of 1 or 2 lemons 900 ml/1 ½ pints vegetable stock Salt and freshly ground black pepper 4 tbsp soured cream to serve 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6
- Heat the oil in a flameproof and ovenproof casserole dish. Add the onions, garlic, chillies, cumin and coriander, then gently fry on a low heat for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
- Stir in the potatoes, lemon rind and juice to taste, then add the stock and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil cover, then cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, and the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Transfer to plates and top each with a spoonful of soured cream. Sprinkle over fresh parsley or coriander to garnish.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).