every one a winner
every one a dinner
Mushroom and Black Olive Risotto
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 10 minutes plus 20 minutes soaking and 5 mins resting
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Olives go surprisingly well with the flavour of the wild porcini, but if not keen, leave them out and you’ll still end up with a fabulous risotto.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 431kcal; Fat 19g
25g/1 oz dried porcini mushrooms 3 tbsp olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 225 g/ 8 oz large open mushrooms, chopped 250 g/ 9 oz risotto rice 450 ml/ ¾ pint vegetable stock 2 tbsp black olives, pitted and roughly chopped 2 tbsp black olive paste Salt and freshly ground black pepper Fresh Parmesan cheese to serve
- Cover the porcini with 200 ml/ 7 fl oz boiling water, then leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the water, and set both aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and fresh mushrooms and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat thoroughly with the oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add the porcini and the reserved liquid to the rice with 225 ml/ 8 fl oz of the vegetable stock and the olives. Simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 100 ml/4 fl oz of the remaining stock and cook for 5 minutes, covered, until absorbed.
- Add the rest of the stock, the seasoning and the olive paste and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Shave over the Parmesan cheese, using a vegetable peeler, then serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).