every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 22-25 minutes
Quick and easy supper dish with an aromatic flavour from the herbs and spices.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 582 kcal/ 2409kj; Protein 4.6g; Carbohydrate 46.3g of which sugars 1.1g; Fat 41.8g of which saturates 23.4g; Cholesterol 93mg; Calcium 22mg; Fibre 0.2g; Sodium 266mg.
30 ml/ 2 tbsp vegetable oil 2 shallots, finely chopped 1 garlic clove, crushed 3 green cardamom pods 25 g/ 1 oz butter 175 g/ 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced 225 g/ 8 oz basmati rice, washed and drained 5 ml/ 1 tsp grated fresh root ginger Good pinch of garam masala 450 ml/ ¾ pint water 15 ml/ 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander Salt
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole and fry the shallots, garlic and cardamoms for 3- 4 minutes until the shallots are beginning to brown, taking care not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the butter, then the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the rice, ginger and garam masala.
- Stir fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the water and a little salt.
- Bring to the boil, then cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer, very gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the heat.
- Leave the pilaff to stand, covered, for 5 minutes to complete the cooking.
- Add the chopped coriander and fork it through the rice.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve at once.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).