every one a winner
every one a dinner
Mushroom Topped Potato Rösti
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A super tangy, tasty supper dish or a Saturday brunch.
3 potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, about 625 g/1 ¼ lb in weight ½ onion, very thinly sliced 4 tbsps vegetable oil, plus extra for oiling 50 g/2 oz butter 1 garlic clove, chopped 250 g/ 8 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced 2 tbsps finely chopped parsley Salt and freshly ground black pepper 1 large bunch watercress
- Cook the potatoes whole in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Wearing rubber gloves to protect your hands from the heat, coarsely grate the potatoes and mix in a bowl with the sliced onion, 2 tbsps of the oil and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the rösti mixture, pushing down to flatten it so that it covers the base of the pan.
- Cook for 7 – 8 minutes, then slide on to an oiled plate or board. Flip the rösti back into the pan to cook the other side for 7 – 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a frying pan and cook the garlic and mushrooms gently for 6 – 7 minutes until softened and golden. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the chopped parsley.
- Cut the rösti into wedges, then arrange on serving plates, scatter over the watercress and spoon over the warm mushrooms with their juices. Serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).