every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 3 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Perk up chicken with this delicious tangy sauce. Serve with steamed vegetables and rice.
15ml/1 tbsp olive oil 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5cm/ 1 in strips 1 garlic clove, crushed 250 ml/ 8 fl oz single cream 1 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp coarse grain mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper Flat-leaf parsley sprigs to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot. Add the chicken strips and garlic, in batches, and cook over a medium heat stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes, taking care not to let the garlic burn.
- With a slotted spoon, lift the chicken and garlic out and keep them warm.
- In a small bowl, mix a little of the cream with the flour to make a smooth paste, then mix in the remaining cream.
- Lower the heat and pour the cream into the pan.
- Cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the mustard and heat through gently. Do not allow the sauce to boil or it may taste bitter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the pan, coat with the sauce and cook gently for a few minutes more until the chicken is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley sprigs.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).