every one a winner
every one a dinner
Orange Custard Tarts
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
Colourful and fruity – wonderful little tarts, served with cream.
2 oranges 225 g/8 oz caster sugar 2 tbsp cornflour 150 ml/5 fl oz fresh orange juice 150 ml/5 fl oz water 175 g/6 oz unsalted butter, cubed 6 medium egg yolks 2 medium eggs 4 ready-made pastry tartlets cases 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Pare the zest from one orange and julienne. Segment both oranges into a bowl, cover and chill until needed.
- Combine the caster sugar, cornflour, orange juice and water in a saucepan. Cook over a low heat until bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the butter, one cube at a time, until all incorporated. Beat in the egg yolks and eggs.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring, for a few minutes until the custard has thickened.
- Fill the tartlet cases with the custard and top with icing sugar, orange segments and julienned* zest.
- Glaze the tops of the tarts with a chef’s blowtorch before serving, or pop under a very hot grill for a few minutes.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).