every one a winner
every one a dinner
Pan Fried Gammon with Cider
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 1 minute
Cooking time – 7-10 minutes
Sweet tangy flavour of cider perfectly accompanies the saltiness of the gammon. Serve with mustard mashed potatoes.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 429 kcal;1784kj; Protein 39.6g; Carbohydrate 1.2g of which sugars 1.2g; Fat 28.4g of which saturates 10.1 g; Cholesterol 67mg; Calcium 24mg; Fibre 0.6 Sodium 1985 mg.
4 gammon steaks (smoked or cured) about 225g/ 8 oz each 150ml/ ¼ pint dry cider 45ml/3 tbsp double cream 30ml/ 2 tbsp sunflower oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper Flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot.
- Neatly snip the rind on the gammon steaks with sharp scissors to stop them curling up, then add to the pan. Possibly will take two batches.
- Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side, then pour in the cider.
- Allow to boil for a couple of minutes, then stir in the cream and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).