every one a winner
every one a dinner
Pasta with Pesto
To serve 4
Preparation time –10 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
This heady aroma and flavour of fresh pesto beats bottled pesto hands down. So very quick and easy to make in a food processor or blender.
Nutritional Value per serving:
713kcal/2969kj; Protein 24.1g; Carbohydrate 43.2g of which sugars 2.7g; fat 50.5g of which saturates 11.6g; Cholesterol 35mg; Fibre 2.1g; Salt 385mg
50 g/2 oz fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish 2-4 garlic cloves 60 ml/4 tbsp pine nuts 120 ml/4 fl oz extra virgin olive oil 115 g/4 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra shaved, to serve 25 g/1 oz freshly grated Pecorino cheese 400 g/14 oz dried pasta Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the basil leaves, garlic and pine nuts in a blender or food processor. Add 60 ml/4 tbsp of the olive oil. Process until the ingredients are finely chopped, then stop the machine, remove the lid and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the machine on again and slowly pour the remaining oil in a steady stream through the feeder tube. You may need to stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice more to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and beat in the Parmesan and Pecorino cheeses with a wooden spoon. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, then add it to the bowl of pesto and toss well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the fresh basil leaves.
- Hand a bowl of shaved Parmesan cheese around separately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).