every one a winner
every one a dinner
Peach and Blueberry Jalousie
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 20-25 minutes
Can use this pastry case for any different fruits of your choice.
500 g/1 lb chilled, ready-made puff pastry A little flour for dusting 4 ripe peaches or nectarines, thickly slice 125 g/4 oz blueberries 50 g/2 oz caster sugar plus a little extra to decorate Grated ring of ½ lemon 1 egg, beaten Icing sugar for dusting
- Roll out half the pastry on a lightly floured surface and trim to a 30 x 18 cm/12 x 7 in rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Pile the peach or nectarine slices on top, leaving a 2.3 cm/1 in border of pastry showing, then sprinkle on the blueberries, sugar and lemon rind. Brush the pastry border with a little beaten egg.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to a little larger than the first piece and trim to 33 x 20 cm/13 x 8 in.
- Fold in half lengthways, make cuts from the fold about 1 cm/ ½ in apart and about 6 cm/2 ½ in long, leaving a wide uncut border of pastry.
- Lift the pastry over the fruit, unfold so that the fruit and bottom layer of pastry are completely covered, then press the pastry edges together. Trim if needed. Knock up the edges with a knife, then flute*.
- Brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg, sprinkle with a little extra sugar and bake in a preheated oven 200’C/180’C Fan/400’f/Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is well risen and golden brown. Serve either warm or cold with cream or ice-cream.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).