every one a winner
every one a dinner
Pear and Ginger Sorbet
To serve – 6 to 8
A cool refreshing sorbet with a kick!
90 g /3 oz granulated sugar 300 ml/ ½ pint water 1 tbsp lemon juice 750 g/ 1 ½ lb pears, peeled and cored 1 piece stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped 2 egg whites Strips of stem ginger to decorate
- Put the sugar, measured water and lemon juice into a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, add the pears and poach gently, basting with the sugar syrup from time to time, for 20-25 minutes until the pears are soft and tender.
- Cool, then purée in a food processor.
- Add the chopped stem ginger to the pear purée. Pour the mixture into a freezer proof container and freeze for about 2 hours until just mushy. Turn the mixture into a bowl and whisk gently to break down any large ice crystals.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry, and fold into the pear mixture.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until firm.
- Remove the sorbet to the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to soften.
- Decorate with the stem ginger before serving.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).