every one a winner
every one a dinner
Penne with Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 3- 4 minutes
Cooking time – 12-14 minutes
Colourful and crunchy broccoli compliments the rich creaminess of the Gorgonzola sauce.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 951kcal/3982kj; Protein 47.4g; Carbohydrate 80.2g of which sugars 8.6g; Fat 48.8g of which saturates 26.5g; Cholesterol 165mg; Calcium 324mg; Fibre 10.3g; Sodium 433mg.
400 g/ 14 oz dried penne 115 g/4 oz broccoli florets, divided into tiny sprigs 50 g/2 oz butter 2 chicken breast fillets, skinned and cut into thin strips 2 garlic cloves, crushed 120 ml/ 4 fl oz dry white wine 200 ml/7 fl oz double cream 90 g/ 3 ½ oz Gorgonzola cheese, rind removed , finely diced Salt and freshly ground black pepper Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Bring two pans of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the penne to one pan and cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, plunge the broccoli into the second pan of salted boiling water, bring back to the boil for 2 minutes, then drain in a colander and refresh under cold running water.
- Shake well to remove surplus water and set aside to drain completely.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the chicken and garlic, with salt and pepper to taste. Fry over a medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until the chicken becomes white.
- Pour the wine and cream over the chicken mixture in the pan, stir to mix, then simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the broccoli, increase the heat and toss to heat it through and mix it with the chicken. Taste for seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Add the Gorgonzola and toss well.
- Serve in warmed bowls and sprinkle each portion with the grated Parmesan.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).