every one a winner
every one a dinner
Pepper and Potato Tortilla
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time –20 minutes
A traditional Spanish dish, tortilla is best eaten cold in chunky wedges and makes an ideal picnic food.
Nutritional Value per serving-
Calories 321kcal/2154kj; Protein 13.1g; Carbohydrate 19.6g of which sugars 10.2g; Fat 21.1g of which saturates 8.3g; Salt 254mg
2 potatoes 45ml/3 tbsp olive oil 1 large onion, thinly sliced 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced 6 eggs, beaten 115g/4oz grated mature Cheddar cheese Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Do not peel the potatoes, but scrub them well under cold running water. Parboil them for about 10 minutes, then drain and, when they are cool enough to handle, slice them thickly. Preheat the grill.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick or well-seasoned frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and green and red peppers and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- Add the potatoes, lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are completely cooked and the vegetables are soft. Add a little extra olive oil if the pan seems too dry.
- Pour in half the beaten eggs, then sprinkle over half the grated cheese. Add the rest of the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Continue to cook over a low heat, without stirring, half covering the pan with a lid to help set the eggs.
- When the mixture is firm, place the pan under the hot grill for a few seconds to seal the top lightly. Leave the tortilla in the pan to cool. This helps it firm up further makes it easier to turn out. Cut into generous wedges or squares and serve at room temperature.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).