every one a winner
every one a dinner
Plum and Almond Tart
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 8 Minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
A simple but delicious tart – straight from a French patisserie. Wonderful served with a good vanilla custard.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 478kcal/2003kj; Protein 7.1g; Carbohydrate 58.1g of which sugars 24.6g; Fat 26.7g of which saturates 0.3g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Calcium 79mg; Fibre 1.3g; Sodium 297mg.
375 g/13 oz ready rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen 115 g/ 4 oz marzipan 6-8 plums, stoned and sliced
- Heat the oven to 190’C/170’C Fan/375’F/Gas 5
- Unroll the pastry on to a large baking sheet. Using a small, sharp knife, score a border 5cm/2 in from the edge of the pastry all round, without cutting all the way through.
- Roll out the marzipan into a rectangle to fit just within the pastry border, then lay it on top of the pastry, pressing down lightly with the tips of your fingers.
- Arrange the sliced plums on top of the marzipan and bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is risen and golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the tart to a wire rack to cool slightly, the cut into squares or wedges and serve.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).