every one a winner
every one a dinner
Potato Skins with Cajun Dip
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes + 50 minutes for baked potatoes
Crisp and very naughty, these skins are really simple to make.
Nutritional Value per serving:
210kcal/871kj; Fat 17g of which saturated fat 2.2g; Cholesterol 0mg; Carbohydrates 12.7g of which sugars 3.3g; Protein 2.7g; Fibre 0.7g; Sodium 35mg
2 large baking potatoes Vegetable oil, for deep frying For the dip: 120 ml/4 fl oz plain yoghurt 1 garlic clove, crushed 5 ml/1 tsp tomato paste or 2.5 ml/ ½ tsp green chilli puree or ½ small green chilli, chopped 1.5 ml/ ¼ tsp celery salt Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180’C/160’C Fan/350'F/Gas 4.
- Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes until they are tender.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin layer on the skins.
- Keep the flesh for another meal. Cut the potatoes in half once more.
- To make the dip, mix together all the ingredients and chill.
- Heat a 1 cm/ ½ in layer of oil in a pan or deep-fryer. Fry the potato skins until they are crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper, then sprinkle salt and black pepper. Serve the potato skins with a bowl of dip or a dollop of dip in each skin.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).