every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 6
A timeless classic – there is no nicer starter than a good fresh Prawn Cocktail.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 194kcal/805kj; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 4.2g of which sugars 4g; Fat 13.6g of which saturates 4.6g; Cholesterol 167mg; Calcium 80mg; Fibre 0.4g; Sodium 384mg
60 ml/4 tbsp double cream – lightly whipped 60 ml/4 tbsp mayonnaise (preferably homemade) 60 ml/4 tbsp tomato ketchup 5-10 ml/1-2 tsp Worcester Sauce Juice of 1 lemon ½ cos lettuce (or other crisp lettuce) 450 g/1 lb cooked peeled prawns Salt and Freshly ground black pepper Smoked paprika 6 large whole cooked prawns in the shell ( to garnish) Thinly sliced brown bread with butter and lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the lightly whipped cream, mayonnaise and tomato ketchup in a small bowl to combine thoroughly.
- Add the Worcester sauce to taste, then whisk in enough of the lemon juice to make a really tangy sauce.
- Finely shred the lettuce and fill six individual glasses one third full.
- Stir the prawns into the sauce, then check the seasoning and spoon the prawn mixture generously over the lettuce.
- Drape a whole prawn over the edge of the glass and sprinkle each of the cocktails with ground black pepper and a little paprika.
- Serve immediately with thinly sliced brown bread and butter and lemon wedges.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).