every one a winner
every one a dinner
Punjabi Potato Patties
Makes 8 patties
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Known in India as Aloo Tiki, these patties are usually served as a tea-time snack.
Nutritional Value per serving: 2 patties
194 kcal; Fat 12 g of which saturated fat 3 g; Carbohydrates 21 g of which sugars 3 g; Protein 3 g.
500 g/1 lb 2 oz potatoes, peeled and diced Salt 1 medium onion, roughly grated ¼ tsp chilli powder 1 tsp garam masala ½ lemon Bunch of fresh coriander ( leaves chopped) Retain a few whole leaves for garnish. 3 tbsps vegetable oil 15 g/ ½ oz butter
- Boil potatoes in lightly salted water for 10 minutes until tender but not disintegrating.
- Put grated onion into a kitchen cloth and squeeze out excess liquid. Put the onion into a bowl with the chilli powder, garam masala and a pinch of salt.
- Squeeze two teaspoons of lemon juice over the onion mixture and add the chopped coriander.
- Drain the potatoes, add them to the bowl and mash roughly together. Shape into 8 patties, each about 5 cm/ 2 in wide.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan until sizzling, then fry the patties for 2 – 3 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper. Garnish with retained coriander leaves.
- Serve either hot or cold with ketchup or chutney.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).