every one a winner
every one a dinner
Cooking time – 30 minutes
A speedy version of the French classic – but works extremely well. Serve with a green salad or some warm, crusty bread.
8 large, lean pork sausages, cut into 2.5 cm/1 in pieces 125 g/ 4 ½ oz rindless smoked bacon, diced 1 tbsp corn oil 1 large onion, halved, peeled and sliced 2 cloves garlic, crushed 400 g/ 14 oz tinned flageolet beans, drained and rinsed 400 g/ 14 oz tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 400 g/ 14 oz tinned chopped tomatoes 70 g/ 2 ½ oz fresh breadcrumbs 1-2 tsps dried mixed herbs 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard 3 tbsps tomato purée Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and add the sausages and bacon. Fry them over a moderate to high heat for 8 minutes, turning frequently, until the sausages are golden.
- Remove the sausages and bacon from the casserole, drain on kitchen paper and set aside.
- Pour away all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the casserole. Add the onion and garlic and cook over a moderate heat for 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir the tomatoes and their juice into the onion and add the herbs, mustard and tomato purée. Rinse out the tomato tin with ⅓ of a can of water and add it to the mixture. Bring to the boil, stirring, then add the drained beans.
- Return the sausages and bacon to the casserole, stir and season to taste. Top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 min or until the top is crisp and golden.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).