every one a winner
every one a dinner
Quick Vanilla Ice Cream
To serve – 4 to 6
A marvellously quick and easy basic method for ice-cream which can be adapted for different tastes.
6 eggs, separated 176 g/ 6 oz vanilla sugar or 175 g/ 6 oz caster sugar and 1 tsp vanilla essence 450 ml/ ¾ pint double cream, whipped until thick
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Add the sugar 1 tsp at a time, and continue whisking until all the egg white has been incorporated and the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Put the egg yolks into a separate bowl and whisk at high speed with an electric mixer until mixture is blended thoroughly.
- Gently fold the whipped cream and egg yolks into the egg-white mixture.
- Turn into a large shallow freezer proof container, cover, and freeze for 8 hours.
- Transfer the ice cream to the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before serving so that it softens slightly.
Cappuccino Ice Cream
Substitute caster sugar for the vanilla sugar and add 3 tsp each of coffee essence and brandy when folding in the mixtures in step 3
Lemon Ice Cream
Substitute caster sugar for the vanilla sugar and add the finely grated zest and juice of 3 large lemons when folding in the mixtures in step 3
Strawberry Ice Cream
Substitute caster sugar f or the vanilla sugar. Purée 375 g/ 12 oz strawberries and add when folding in the mixtures in step 3
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).