every one a winner
every one a dinner
Rhubarb and Ginger Trifles
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 3-4 minutes
Cooking time – 0 minutes
Choose a good quality jar of rhubarb compote with large chunky pieces of fruit.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 695kcal/2874kj; Protein 3.6g; Carbohydrate 27.1g of which sugars 14.1g; Fat 64.3g of which saturates 39.4g; Cholesterol 154mg; Calcium 98 mg: Fibre 0.6g; Sodium 124mg.
12 gingernut biscuits 50 ml /2 fl oz rhubarb compote 450 ml/ ¾ pint extra thick double cream
- Put the ginger biscuits in a plastic bag and seal. Bash the biscuits with a rolling pin until roughly crushed.
- Set aside two tablespoons of crushed biscuits and divide the rest among four glasses.
- Spoon the rhubarb compote on top of the crushed biscuits, then top with the cream.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for about 30 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle the reserved crushed biscuits over the trifles and serve immediately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).