every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 6
Preparation time – 6 minutes
Cooking time – 10 – 12 minutes
With all the brightly coloured chopped vegetables, sometimes called confetti salad. Well chilled, makes a great accompaniment for a picnic.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 276kcal/1150kj; Protein 4.6g; Carbohydrate 41.9g of which sugars 5.2g; Fat 9.9 g of which saturates 1.4g; Cholesterol 0mg; Calcium 29mg; Fibre 1.76g; Sodium 8mg.
275g/ 10 oz long grain rice 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced 1 green pepper, seeded and finely diced 1 yellow pepper, seeded and finely diced 225g/ 8 oz tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped 30ml/ 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or coriander (if preferred) For the dressing: 75ml/ 5 tbsp mixed olive oil and extra virgin olive oil 5ml/ 1 tbsp sherry vinegar 5ml/ 1 tsp strong Dijon mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until tender but still al dente*.
- Be careful not to overcook it.
- Drain the rice well in a sieve, rinse thoroughly under cold running water and drain again.
- Leave the rice to cool while you prepare the ingredients for the dressing.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together. Transfer the rice to a bowl and add half the dressing to moisten it and cool it further.
- Add the spring onions, peppers, tomatoes and parsley or coriander with the remaining dressing and toss well to mix, and add to the rice.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).