every one a winner
every one a dinner
Roasted Pepper and Beetroot Salad
To serve – 4
Preparation time and Cooking time – 50 minutes
A sweet and tangy salad, great on its own or as an accompaniment for a main meal.
Nutritional value per serving:
Energy 397kcal; Protein 3.9g; Carbohydrate 13.0g :Fat 1.6 g of which saturates 0.2g; Fibre 4.8g;
500g/1 lb baby beetroots 1 small red pepper 1 small orange pepper 1 small yellow pepper Cooking oil spray ½ small red onion, finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 1 tbsp thinly sliced preserved lemon rind 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 6
- Trim the leaves from beetroot, wrap each beetroot in foil and place on oven tray.
- Place peppers on baking-paper lined oven tray and spray with the oil. Roast beetroot and peppers for about 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and have blistered and blackened.
- Cool beetroot for 10 minutes, then peel and quarter.
- Place peppers in a plastic bag, seal and leave to cool.
- Cut peppers in to quarters, discard the seeds and membranes. Peel away the skin, then halve each quarter lengthways.
- Arrange beetroot and peppers on a large serving platter.
- Sprinkle with onion, parsley and preserved lemon and drizzle with the lemon juice.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).