every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Spicy and sweet treat – try serving with chocolate sauce.
1 pineapple, peeled and cored 200 g/7 oz caster sugar 1 cinnamon stick 4 cardamom pods 1 star anise 1 piece of orange peel 8 amaretti biscuits, crushed 4 scoops of vanilla ice-cream 4 tbsp crème fraiche Mint leaves to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200’C/180’C Fan/400’F/gas 6 and cut the pineapple into even sized batons.
- Put the sugar, spices and orange peel in a saucepan with 300 ml/ ½ pint water and stir over a medium heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, stop stirring and let it boil for 8 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Strain it into a jug to remove the spices.
- Arrange the pineapple in a roasting tin in single layer and pour over three quarters of the spiced syrup. Roast the pineapple for 15 minutes turning the pieces over halfway through.
- Arrange the pineapple batons on 4 plates. Add a spoonful of crushed amaretti to each plate and top with a scoop of ice-cream.
- Spoon the crème fraiche around the plate, then garnish with mint leaves.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).