every one a winner
every one a dinner
Rocket and Grilled Chévre Salad
To serve – 4
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
Can easily be doubled for a light lunch.
About 15 ml/1 tbsp olive oil About 15 ml/1 tbsp vegetable oil 4 slices French bread 45 ml/3 tbsp walnut oil 15 ml/1 tbsp lemon juice Salt and freshly ground black pepper 225 g/8 oz cylinder-shaped goat’s cheese Generous handful of rocket leaves About 115 g/4 oz curly endive For the Sauce: 45 ml/3 tbsp apricot jam 60 ml/4 tbsp white wine 5 ml/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Heat the two oils in a frying pan and fry the slices of French bread on one side only, until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- To make the sauce, heat the jam in a small saucepan until warm but not boiling. Push through a sieve, into a clean pan, to remove the pieces of fruit, then stir in the white wine and mustard. Heat gently and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Blend the walnut oil and lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill a few minutes before serving the salad. Cut the goat’s cheese into 50 g/2 oz rounds and place each piece on a croûton, untoasted side up. Place under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Toss the rocket and curly endive in the walnut oil dressing and arrange attractively on four individual serving plates. When the cheese croutons are ready, arrange on each plate and pour over a little of the apricot sauce.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).