every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
A classic Provençal salad which can have many variations depending on your store cupboard.
Nutritional value per serving:
525 calories; Protein 33 g; Fat 37 g of which saturated fat 6 g; Carbohydrate 17 g of which sugars 6 g.
4 medium eggs (hard boiled ) 400 g/ 14 oz tinned tuna ( in water) 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz tinned anchovy fillets, chopped 50 g/ 1 ¾ oz capers 115 g/ 4 oz black olives, pitted 3 Little Gem lettuces 175 g/ 6 oz cherry tomatoes For the Croutons: 2 thick slices wholemeal bread, cut into 1 cm/ ½ in cubes 1 clove garlic, crushed 2 tablespoons olive oil For the Dressing: ½ teaspoon caster sugar 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar Salt 1 clove garlic, crushed 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To make the croutons, put the garlic into a frying pan with the oil, add the croutons and fry over a moderate heat, taking care not to let the garlic burn. When the croutons are crisp and golden, drain and leave to cool.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a large salad bowl and mix until it forms a thick emulsion*.
- Drain the tuna and flake into the dressing. Add the onion, anchovies and their oil, capers and olives. Toss gently.
- Rinse and dry the lettuce leaves, add them to the tuna mixture.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and scatter them in the bowl.
- Shell the eggs and slice into quarters, lengthways.
- Toss the salad, ensuring every leaf is coated with the dressing, then add the egg quarters.
- Serve the croutons separately.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).