every one a winner
every one a dinner
Salmon with Avocado Salsa
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 5 mins
Chill time – 1 hour
Cooking time – 10 – 15 minutes
A quick and easy fish dish to serve with a crisp fresh salad.
4 salmon fillets with skin about 175 g/ 6 oz each 2 ½ tbsp olive oil Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper Lime wedges and coriander leaves, to garnish Salsa: 1 ripe but firm avocado 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped ½ small red onion, finely chopped ½ - 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 tbsp lime juice 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Firstly make the salsa. Halve the avocado, discard stone, quarter each half and remove skin. Dice avocado flesh and mix with remaining salsa ingredients.
- Cover chill in refrigerator for about 1 hour to let the flavours mingle.
- Dry fish well, and brush skin with some of the olive oil. In a heavy frying pan, heat remaining oil until hot.
- Add salmon, skin side down and cook for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of fillets, until skin is quite crisp, sides are opaque and top is slightly soft as it should be ‘rare’.
- Season salmon with sea salt and pepper, garnish with lime wedges and coriander leaves.
- Serve with the salsa alongside.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).