every one a winner
every one a dinner
Salmon with Lime Herb Butter
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
An aromatic butter infused with South-east Asian flavours of ginger, coriander and lime. Try serving with buttered couscous.
Nutritional count per serving, when serving 4:
Energy 625 kcal; Carbohydrate 2 g, of which sugars 0.4 g; Fat 57 g of which saturated fat 33 g; Protein 26 g;
5 cm/ 2 in piece fresh ginger root 12 sprigs of fresh coriander 2 unwaxed limes 125 g/4 ½ oz butter Salt and black pepper Small pinch of Cayenne Pepper 2 tbsps sunflower oil 4 salmon fillets 175 g/ 6 oz each
- Preheat oven to 220’C/200’C Fan/425’F/Gas 7.
- Peel and slice the ginger and put into food processor. Set aside a few coriander sprigs and add the rest to the ginger.
- Cut 1 lime into wedges for the garnish and grate the zest* of the other, squeeze the juice and add both to the mixing bowl with the butter, salt, pepper and Cayenne, then blend.
- Shape the mixture into a sausage shape and wrap in foil and chill in the freezer.
- In the meantime, brush a baking sheet with a little oil, place the salmon fillets on it and brush with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Take the butter from the freezer and cut it into rounds.
- Transfer the fish to four plates, lay a round of butter on each and garnish with the lime and coriander.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).