every one a winner
every one a dinner
Seared Salmon with Saffron Salsa
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 8-10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Lovely lemony pasta, crispy salmon and tangy saffron salsa, a great weekend supper dish.
4 small skinless salmon fillets, each about 85 g/ 3 oz 225 g/ 8 oz dried fusilli or other pasta shapes 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed 1 tsp cumin seeds For the salsa: ¼ tsp saffron strands 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced 3 spring onions, finely chopped 1 garlic clove, crushed 1 tbsp shredded fresh basil Salt and pepper Garnish: Basil leaves
- First make the salsa. Soak the saffron in 1 tbsp boiling water for 10 minutes, then mix with the other salsa ingredients; set aside
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente*
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, warm 4 tbsp. of the olive oil with the thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Drain the pasta thoroughly and toss with the dressing. Leave to cool.
- Preheat a ridged griddle or heavy-based frying pan until very hot. Combine the peppercorns and cumin seeds and press firmly onto the salmon fillets. Brush with the remaining oil.
- Add the salmon to the griddle and sear for 1 ½ minutes each side. Remove from the pan, let cool slightly then slice thickly.
- Arrange the pasta salad on plates and top with the warm salmon slices.
- Spoon around the saffron salsa and serve garnished with basil leaves.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).