every one a winner
every one a dinner
Seared Tuna with Hot Pepper Sauce
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Ideal for barbecues as well, served with crisp green salad.
Nutritional count per serving:
Energy 409 kcal; Carbohydrate 14 g, of which sugars 7 g; Fat 20 g of which saturated fat 4 g; Protein 44 g;
4 tuna or swordfish steaks about 175 g/ 6 oz each For the Sauce: 2 medium red peppers, halved and deseeded 1 medium onion, halved 2 cloves garlic 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 1 large slice wholemeal bread, diced Zest and juice of 1 lime 1 tbsp tomato purée 4 tbsps olive oil Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to high.
- To make the sauce, put the peppers and onion halves skin-side up under the preheated grill along with the unpeeled garlic cloves for about 10 minutes until the skins are slightly charred.
- When cool enough, remove skins, chop and put into food processor with chilli, bread, tomato purée and 3 tbsps of olive oil. Add half of the lime zest* and juice, reserving the rest. Process the mixture to a purée, and then season to taste. Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl.
- Brush a ridged griddle pan or a large heavy based frying pan with the remaining oil and place over a high heat. Lightly season the fish steaks and fry them for 4 – 6 minutes, turning over once.
- Sprinkle the steaks with the reserved zest and juice of lime and serve with the hot pepper sauce.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).