every one a winner
every one a dinner
Sesame Prawn Toasts
Cooking time – 10 minutes + 30 minutes chilling time.
A popular Chinese snack, great for a starter.
175g 6 oz cooked peeled prawns 2 spring onions, finely chopped 2.5cm/ 1 in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated 2 garlic cloves, crushed 30ml 2 tbsp cornflour 10 ml/ 2 tsp light soy sauce, plus extra for dipping 6 slices day old bread from a small loaf, crusts removed 40 g/ 1 ½ oz sesame seeds About 600 ml/ 1 pint vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Place the prawns, spring onions, ginger and garlic cloves into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the cornflour and soy sauce and process the mixture into a paste.
- Spread the bread slices evenly with the paste and cut into triangles. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, making sure they stick to the bread. Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or a large heavy pan to 190’C/375’F or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, lower the toasts, in batches, into the oil, sesame-seed side down, and fry for 2 -3 minutes, turning them over for the last minute.
- Place the toasts on individual dishes and serve immediately with little bowls of soy sauce for dipping.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).