every one a winner
every one a dinner
To serve – 4
Preparation time – 8 minutes
Cooking time – 50 minutes
A wonderful way of using up Sunday roast left-overs.
Nutritional Value per serving:
Energy 487kcal/2045kj; Protein 29.4g; Carbohydrate 50.1g of which sugars 15.2g; Fat 20.2g of which saturates 8.4g; Cholesterol 69mg; Calcium 54mg; Fibre 3.3g; Sodium 379mg.
1 kg/ 2 ½ lb potatoes, peeled and cut into smallish chunks 60 ml/ 4 tbsp milk About 50 g/ 2 oz butter 15 ml/ 1 tbsp oil 1 large onion, finely chopped 1 medium carrot, finely chopped 450 g/ 1 lb cold cooked lamb or beef, minced or finely chopped 150 ml/ ¼ pint lamb or beef stock 30 ml/ 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190’C/170’C Fan/375’F/Gas 5.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 20 minutes or until soft. Drain, and mash with the milk, adding butter and seasoning to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and carrot. Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in the minced meat, stock and parsley.
- Spread the meat mixture in an ovenproof dish and spoon the mashed potato evenly over the top.
- Rough up the potato topping with a fork.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Cook in the hot oven for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are crisped and browned.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).