every one a winner
every one a dinner
Smoked Haddock Potato Cakes
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Works better with the natural smoked haddock as opposed to the yellow dyed variety.
450 g/1 lb potatoes, peeled and cubed 600 ml/ 1 pint full-fat milk 450 g/ 1 lb smoked haddock 1 unwaxed lemon, zest finely grated 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped 3 tbsp plain flour 3 tbsp butter, melted Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling lightly salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, bring the milk to a simmer then pour over the smoked haddock. Cover the dish with cling film and leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Drain off and reserve the milk. Flake the haddock discarding any skin and bones.
- Mash the potatoes and mix in the haddock, pepper, lemon zest and parsley and a little of the reserved milk to obtain a soft consistency.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties.
- Dust the patties with flour and brush with melted butter then grill for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with a mixed green salad.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).