every one a winner
every one a dinner
Smoked Mackerel Paté
To serve – 6
Preparation time – 2-3 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes + Chilling 1-2 hours (optional)
Benefits from being chilled so could easily make the day before.
Variation – Can use peppered mackerel fillets for a more piquant flavour. Also delicious using smoked haddock or kippers.
Nutritional count per serving
Energy 344kcal/1421kj; Protein 10.7g; Carbohydrate 0.5g of which sugars 0.4g; Fat 33.3g of which saturates 14.3g; Cholesterol 88mg; Calcium 57mg; Fibre 0.1g; Sodium 518mg.
4 smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and boned 225 g/8 oz cream cheese 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped Juice of 1 lemon 30 ml/ 2 tbsp chopped fresh chervil, parsley or chives 15 ml/ 1 tbsp Worcester sauce Salt and cayenne pepper Fresh chives to garnish Warmed Melba toast to serve
- Break up the smoked mackerel fillets and put them in a food processor. Add the cream cheese, chopped garlic and lemon juice.
- Process the mixture for a few seconds, just long enough to mix the ingredients, then add the chopped chervil, parsley or chives.
- Process the mixture until it is fairly smooth but with a slightly chunky texture, then add Worcester sauce, salt and cayenne pepper to taste. Process again to mix.
- Spoon the paté into a dish, cover with clear film and chill in the fridge.
- Garnish with chives and serve with Melba toast.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).