every one a winner
every one a dinner
Preparation time – 15 minutes + overnight refrigeration
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Prepare ahead for a Greek favourite. Great for a barbecue as well.
Nutritional value per serving:
Protein 56 g; Fat 47 g; Carbohydrate 2.5 g; Energy 658 kcal.
1 kg lamb fillet or loin 1 green pepper, cut into 2 cm squares 1 red pepper, cut into 2 cm squares 160 ml olive oil 80 ml lemon juice 2 cloves garlic, crushed 3 tsps dried oregano leaves 2 bay leaves, crumbled Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim lamb of any excess fat and sinew and cut into 3 cm squares.
- Soak wooden skewers in a bowl of cold water to prevent them from burning during cooking.
- Thread the meat and pepper pieces alternately onto the skewers then place in a glass or ceramic dish.
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and bay leaves in a jug. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Pour the marinade* over the skewers, then cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Drain and reserve the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the skewers on a lightly greased tray and pop under the grill for about 10 minutes, or until tender, brushing with the marinade and turning several times during cooking.
- Serve with warmed pitta bread, Greek salad and Tzatziki.
Coming soon- Where to buy Wot Eat ingredients NEAR YOU.
CLICK HERE to see how it will work (currently, all stores used are for illustration purposes only).